Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Quote of the day:
Boyd: I was just heartburning to go to school this morning.
Me: What does that mean?
Boyd: It means I couldn't wait to go to school because I love it so much.

Progress from yesterday when he was tearfully begging to go run with me and to not go to school.  Told his nanny he did not want to go either.  I sent an e-mail to his teacher to check and see how his day was going/went and she replied that he was having a great day- go figure.  She said she had a talk with the class about giving their parents a hard time about going to school and that she specifically made eye contact with Boyd during the talk.  Mission accomplished.

He does love school and always comes home happy; sharing information little by little.  Even homework is fun for him. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in his classroom. His class is predominantly girls but he is always happy to see them and greet them at after school PTO functions. The big news this week was that he gets to play instruments in music class next week and that his PE teacher tells him to always wear bright colorful clothing. He was also the first to share his "Me" bag.  He was allowed to bring several objects to help others get to know him.  He brought his swim goggles-because I like to swim, the book The One and Only Ivan- It is such a funny book I want to share, a Police lego figure riding a bike- because I love Lego's and want to be a police and because I like to ride my bike, and a brochure for one of our favorite parks that also has mini golf and a driving range because he likes to golf.  Pretty accurate overview of Boyd's interests.

After school we usually have some down time reading, snacking, chatting, and playing. Then...

Then this happens.  He rides... and for the past few days he rides a two wheeler.  He can really go now and made it on a neighborhood bike ride tonight. So proud of my biker Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment