Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lies and Manipulation

Oh Boyd, you are always providing us with good laughs and stories.  Two days ago you came home and told me you had lied at school.  We talked about the importance of honesty and telling the truth, how it was good that you told me, etc.  We wrote a note to your teacher and cleared your conscience.  The lie...At morning meeting I said I had a dog *brief pause* at least I didn't say I had a brother.  Adam figures they had been taking a poll on who had brothers, sisters, cats, and probably towards the end, dogs and that Boyd most likely just wanted to raise his hand for something.  Poor only child we have here with no pets either.

Then last night Boyd played me good.  After putting him to bed and going to get my things ready for the following day I returned to find Boyd reading with his lights on.  I told him he needed to get some sleep and he asks, "Will you sleep with me?" Me: You are a big boy and can sleep by yourself.  I love you. Now get some rest.  Then Boyd gets out of bed, throws his arms around me and sadly says with puppy dog eyes, "But I don't get to spend as much time with you now." Well played Boyd, well played.  This morning he told Adam he didn't want to go to school because he just needed more time to play at home. You'll have to work on that one Boyd.



No comments:

Post a Comment