Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First day of Kindergarten

Last night before bed we read The Night Before Kindergarten and Mrs. Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten, chatted and practiced the big hug I would receive when he got off the bus in the afternoon.  Adam noted how it was like the night before Christmas with the excitement in the air and Boyd getting out of bed several times.  I'd written my notes for in his lunch, his snack and in the morning even though Adam teased me. Then I made Boyd's lunch and wrote out a note for Adam. Adam was in charge of the first day duty of getting him ready and on the bus; even though tomorrow is the second day I am sure I will get the emotional rush when I put him on the bus for school the first time.  I cannot wait until he gets home today and I hope that he tells us at least a few things about his new school.

When I got back to my phone after my workout I saw a missed image text from Adam and figured it would be the infamous bus picture; much to my surprise, it was a huge praying mantis Boyd had spotted on our window.  Boyd'd been talking about how he had never seen one so today marks the first day of school and his first praying mantis sighting.
I called Adam right away to see how the morning had gone and the bus had just picked the kids up (running fashionably 20 minutes late- I thought this might be the case for at least the first week).  He did a great job with photo duty and getting Boyd prepared for a great day this morning.The house is far to quiet this morning.
Boyd in his camo (backpack lunch box and all). Adam said he insisted on carrying his lunchbox rather than putting it inside his backpack.
Waiting with friends.
One final look back. Have a wonderful first day of school B! 
*Adam also reported there was only one crier......
A sibling that didn't get to ride the bus and go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment