Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Out of the mouth of Boyd

I have to document several things Boyd has said or asked that have lead to internal giggles over the past two weeks.

Last Sunday Boyd told Adam, "This is my last day of Freedom." (In reference to wanting to play since going back to school on Mondays must mean lack of freedom)

Also that week he asked, "Do you think God is ever in a bad mood"

Yesterday he got off the bus and said, "I had to get off with the big kids because I was chatting." Usually the kindergarteners are the first ones off but apparently Boyd was too busy.

Also yesterday, after I asked him to do something, he retorted" Just because I have ride a two wheel bike doesn't mean I'm a big kid." Then I asked, so how will I know that you've become a big kid? Surprisingly, he didn't have an answer.

Last Friday he ran ahead of me from the bus and by the time I got inside he had all his kinetic sand toys out on the table.  When I walked into the kitchen he constructed a whole story and would not back down. "Mom look, the Elves set this up for me and they wrote a note saying to have fun and play with this to keep busy until Christmas." I questioned, "Where is the note?" Boyd: I thew it away but you can't get it out of the trash because there was yucky onion stuff in there.  



 Best way to get a kid to do homework...Assign it to the neighbor down the street. Boyd's dear friend is in another kindergarten class and she has handwriting homework nightly. On write number 3 day she was not happy about having to do her homework. Found found this out and came home to write 3's so he could show her how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment