Tuesday, May 17, 2016

We cherished every minute we were able to spend with our wonderful neighbors and friends before they moved. Sadly they are an ocean away as of Sunday. We snuck in some extra play time last Friday. They didn't let a little bit of rain get in the way of their typical outdoor fun. Rubber duck, turtle, and frog races. When one got away we traveled the path less taken and stumbled upon a new friend. The pictures are a little out of order.

On the way to running club. Sadly we needed hat and gloves Monday but Boyd quickly warmed up.

I had to post this picture because one of Boyd's chores is taking the recycling out to the garage recycling bin as well as helping me take the cans out on trash/recycling day. The other day I went into the garage and saw this. We had to discuss that taking the recycling out to the recycling bin also means the products go inside even if the lid is closed. I had to laugh.

I mentioned before that these now ocean apart friends found a new friend off the beaten path. Introducing, Mini Kratt. Boyd and Marshall were often Chris and Martin Kratt from the Wild Kratt's so I think they named the turtle perfectly. 

Making observations in their notebooks and writing their names on Mini Kratt's shell in hopes they see her again. I think this was when Boyd accidentally drew on his chin bone.

She was also an escape artist and managed to push the red water bowl up as a ramp and climb out, and get the lid off and out a different time. We let her go over night and Boyd found her the next day. 



I love these observations of Boyd's . She was indeed shy at first but warmed up to us.  She is an Eastern Box turtle. Boyd found out that her shell was hard while Marshall carried her up to the car he somehow clonked Boyd in the head with her without his or my knowledge. We heard Boyd let out a soft whiny eh and we thought he was complaining about a water drop and immediately said, It's just water from the trees. He replied, He hit me in the head with the turtle." Then we all started laughing over how funny that sounded coming out. Maybe you had to be there but I am still getting a giggle.
It was difficult and emotional to say goodbye to Marshall and his family but we wish them the best. With our final goodbye Boyd said wait, and ran to get Marshall one final parting gift...the Mega Swampert pokemon card Marshall always wanted to trade for. After an afternoon of tears from both Boyd and I over their move Boyd and I were relaxing together and he said, "Mom, It's not that I wanted to get rid of that card, but I knew in my heart it was the right thing to do." It was buddy, it was. So proud of the boy Boyd is becoming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment