Friday, May 20, 2016

Father Time

The other night while Boyd was in the shower he called me in to look at his latest bathing time creation.. see below. Since his skin is/was always too sensitive for bubble bath, body wash is apparently the next best thing. My sister Emily and I definitely used to do this in the bath as kids. But for some reason his beard stopped me in my tracks and made me think about how fast time was passing.  Boyd, I wish I could slow down time with you. I know I can't, but every phase of your life has brought us closer together and I love you so much. I know you are maturing into a remarkable 7 year old and I am proud of you.

He is also perceptive. The other night he called me out her is one of many exchanges when he keeps me on my toes:
Boyd: Mom why are you brushing your teeth?
Me: To get the Italian seasoning out.
Boyd: You wouldn't be brushing your teeth if you weren't going to the meeting would you.
Me: (Guilty) Ok, so I guess I am brushing my teeth because I am going to a meeting.

Another recent characteristic has become his ability to think of others. Yesterday he had a field trip to the Richmond Children's Museum, Thursday is a big training day for me so I wasn't able to chaperone, but I know he knew how much I wished I could accompany him. As he hopped off the bus in the afternoon he was carrying a recycled project. He exclaimed, "Mom, this is for you. You can  put your carrots under here and your hummus in here. It was so sweet and thoughtful. He named it something fancy too but I'm blanking at the moment. A picture of my gift will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment