Thursday, March 26, 2015

Government Island

I can't remember if I wrote about Boyd's new interest in his hairstyles and the use of gel but here is his sporting his gelled comb over look- that's what he calls it.

Just a man on a mission

The other night we watched The Little Rascals on Netflix and Boyd loved the movie (must take after his Great Grandpa Ramsey) after bath the next day he said, "Let's make my hair look like Alfalfa and then post some pictures of it.

This weekend we explored a historical site just down the street called Government Island. I can't believe we hadn't been here before. It was heaven on earth to Boyd and I. It is a Stafford gem for sure. I can't wait to visit more and watch as it changes during Spring.

I wish this photo more accurately conveyed what Boyd was doing. He basically scaled down an eroded wall of nature.  

Part of the stone Quarry. 

Making everyone around (me and a grandpa with his three grand daughters) nervous.  Boyd has always been cautious but when it comes to exposure with drops he is careful but fearless (Uncle Kirk I think he would do fine on the "rooftop" up to Grays Peak- unlike his mother)

One of his main missions on this exploration was to find a snake. Maybe in a few weeks we'll check this spot again.

I see you Boyd.

On our way to the island.

Boyd has so much Colorado in him.  He did a lot of wading in the river.  The photos are from my phone since three minutes in my camera battery died- note to self charge the camera.
Boyd is such a nature kid. He still loves looking, listening and finding outdoor adventures. He is quite the leader and it was such wonderful quality time for us. The next day we threw our bikes in my car (another note- I need a bike rack) and went exploring some other trails in Stafford- paved, gravel, dirt- the more varied the better for Boyd.  He also knows quite a bit about animals.  Yesterday we went to the library and he asked the librarian if she could help him find a  non fiction book on eyelash vipers. We went to the snake section and he went on and on about snakes. Then he wanted to look up proboscis monkeys and a flying lizard whose name I can't even spell. He is obsessed with the Sonoran Dessert and Indonesian Rainforest right now and loves to share his knowledge. He even has a visual of the globe and where the animals live and how far apart they are and the oceans in between.   He just seems to be growing up faster and faster.  Always my snuggler though which I hope remains forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment