Friday, March 20, 2015

Log Cabin and Proud builders
We are always slacking on the blog these days. I can't believe it is almost the end of March. Today marks the first day of Spring but since the temps rose above freezing we've been outside as much as possible. We are back to eating dinner late since it stays light due to the time change but we are beginning to adjust. We have also been reading a lot since during the month of March Boyd's school is having a reading competition. He is doing well and usually places in the top three each week for number of minutes read. Boyd is such a socialite all I can report is that the kids on the neighborhood are now all out. One giant gang of kids with Boyd as a common ringleader. Our house sees lots of action and is usually the house the kids head to in search of the bikes or kids playing Marines. Boyd has really been into exploring the neighborhood too which is fun since I remember doing that as a kid with my family.  He has begun construction on a tree fort otherwise referred to as the Log Cabin- (thank you Stafford public schools for teaching history and for letting me listen to the kids interpret and share that information. The source of many chuckles for me). Adam plans to help reinforce the fort with some stronger materials.  Boyd also ran in his second Stafford County One mile fun run. I was out of town but Adam did a great job as runner support and proud dad. Boyd finished second out of 46 kids between the ages of 6 and 13.  They had his time as 7:26!  So enjoy a few pictures!

Day one of the build involved gathering the logs and sticks



Certain assignments make me smile. In Boyd's house there is a sled, ribbon, truck, bat, toy, glove, cot, and baseball

We had to trade in Boyd's bike from last year to a bigger size. He can really roll now and is one fast biker.

I can't remember if I mentioned how Boyd is into fashion these days and even wants to put gel in his hair some days. He is especially proud of his converse like his grandparents and aunts and uncles had.


Still my Boyd. Always keeping me on my toes. This was on one of our snow days after he had a blast with our senior twin boy neighbors. It was hard to say who had more fun. 

Ok I have been trying to get this video to load for a while now but it looks like I'll have to keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment