Sunday, October 26, 2014

We had a beautiful weekend here in Virginia. Perfect to be outside enjoying our neighborhood Fall Festival, Pumpkin carving, and an epic hike/exploration trip behind the neighborhood. I hope we have a few more of these weekends. Love fall and my Boyd who shares in all these adventures.
 Boyd does not love sensory activities which are slimy like "pumpkin pulp".  He had to correct me after I said pumpkin guts.  We improvized with some baggies on his hands.
 Pumpkin head
 First year getting to use the pumpkin carving knife independently.
 Boyd and Mr. Noggin
 He loves that the nose looks like a fork.
 Afternoon exploration. Boyd found a 25 pound rock to throw in the pond.
 The pond.
The creek and rugged path were exciting but so was the discovery of this leaf being red on one side and almost white on the other.  Here he is giving us all the lesson.
 Boyd was overjoyed to see a log down over the creek.  The drop was bigger than it looks be he said he was an Marine and Marines never quit so...

 Success!!!! And he made it back.  His friends all celebrated his success with him and then we discovered a new way back. An awesome crew and outdoors group.

 Boyd loves October for many reasons. One of them being breast cancer awareness month.  He was elated when I brought him home a breast cancer ribbon cookie.
 Boyd made a surprise for me while I was in the shower.  I came down to this.  I love all his pumpkin face creations.  I was only allowed to glue one for now (the bottom middle) because he wants to send it to Great Grandma so she feels better.  The middle is the leaf pile (he was very excited about it)
 Well...this is from Thursday morning which just so happened to be school picture day.  I fully believe in letting Boyd figure out his own sense of style and this was the outfit he came up with.  While holding them up on one hanger together I said, "Oh do you think this goes together or do you maybe just want to wear your white shirt?" He responded, "That looks amazing."  Here he is posing/practicing for pictures at school. In the comment section to the photographer I wrote "Good luck and have fun. Just go with it." I can't wait to see how they turn out.  After school Boyd said, "Mom, some of my friends just wore their regular clothes for pictures." haha

No comments:

Post a Comment