Thursday, October 16, 2014

Cool Cats

Last night a childhood song came into my head.  It was one my sister Emily, cousin Megan, and I made up as kids.  We would always get wild and crazy dancing around at night (sometimes in sunglasses) singing this song before we had to say goodbye.  The song was "Cool Cats" and goes a little something like this, "Cool cats, cool cats, da na na na na na na na cool cats".  Deep and very creative I know. Instead of keeping the song in my head I sang it out loud and naturally Boyd picked it right up and got it stuck in his head.  As it continued to resonate in my brain while I made dinner Boyd continued to sing and hum the tune.  As I wrapped up cooking Boyd said to me, "Mom, if you still did that song today, you would have been famous."

No comments:

Post a Comment