Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Boyd's first time Snowboarding

In an effort to reduce unnecessary stuff we focused on experiences for Boyd's birthday. He really wanted to try snowboarding so today he and I made the trek to Massunutten. We arrived when it opened and he took a 2 hour group lesson. Then he was set free on the bunny hill. A few runs later he decided he was ready to hit the chair lift and big runs. I was terrified to send my baby alone into the slopes (and to do the chair lift solo). He was so brave and learned so much about snowboarding and himself today. I was such a proud momma and watched the hill for 7 1/2 hours. He couldn't get enough. His tenacity and attitude were amazing. I can only imagine how sore he is going to be when he wakes up. Happy belated birthday present Boyd.
Practicing on the bunny hill.

Strapping his boot in to ride the chair lift for the first time. He later told me strapping to his board was so satisfying.

What am I letting him do???

Always relieved to see him at the bottom in one piece.

For a day 1 snowboarder he did pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment