Monday, March 27, 2017

I mentioned Boyd's artwork had been selected for the Annual County Art festival on the last blog. Saturday after baseball practice on a beautiful morning (Spring at long last?), we headed to one of the high schools in search of his textured owl. He was so excited to find it. It's the "fat" one he is standing under in the photo. I could have browsed the school forever, but my boys were hungry so it was a brief visit. Boyd loves art at school and I hope this love continues to grow. 

He looks like a little owl in this picture.

Fine arts. Happy we were one of the first there so Boyd could explore the instrument room. This picture just makes me laugh. I can't believe it has been almost 20 years since Adam and I both played the trumpet (one of the rare things we have in common).

Interactive art. 

I have been trying to make the backyard a nicer space. Boyd mentioned wanting a really big sandbox since he still misses his little turtle one. With the help of the neighbors phase one is in the works. Boyd must have thought it was the beach.

A gray Sunday needed some color so we decided to dye our Easter Eggs.

Sometimes I can't even put words to his facial expressions when I ask him to pose for a picture. 


The eggs turned out very bright and unusual. He is so funny staying with one color for each egg.

Phase one of the sandbox and raised garden project. Adam built the two gardens on the sides and we hope to get dirt soon. Then mulch the weed barrier and make and add some stepping stones before plating begins. Hopefully the area where the gardens were last year grows grass since I seeded and there is actually dirt there unlike the rest of the area. Hope this idea turns out as well as I envision in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment