Thursday, July 21, 2016

Summer fun continues

We have had a hot summer thus far so we decided to pick up an extra thing to do while staying cool in the pool. This basketball hoop was quickly turned into a dunk tank game and later a raft. Who knew? 

Lounging. I think a few adults might wind up with one of these since rafts aren't allowed but we had no problems with this.

While visiting a different library in out branch system to see an "Animals on the River" show (we saw an opossum, rat snake, and hawk) we fell in love with this branch of the library and its "Makers lab". Boyd's school is in the process of getting their library remodeled to include a lab as well. It was awesome and we might be visiting more often.

Airplane project

Robotics. This really made your brain work to figure out which joints to move and position. Boyd experimented with how many blocks he could pick up that were stacked.


Window markers

Gotta catch 'em all Pokemon! All you Pokemon Go people can find Pikachu.

Boyd has been terrified of thunderstorms which has been a nightmare since they often happen at bedtime. Headphones and music helped us through an afternoon storm.

Boyd and I play many silly games while just monnkeying around. This day I was trying to pretend eat his tootsie toes. Then he said "Wait!" and came back and did this and exclaimed, "Look at these tootsie toes." Even better.

We took advantage of our one not miserably hot and humid day and loaded my Subaru up with our bikes (not an easy task) and headed down to Historic Fredericksburg. They have a paved trail that loops so Boyd and I held our version of the Tour de France. Here he is after a fluid stop following the completion of stage one. He beat me by a fraction of a second. 


Close to the finish of stage 2 I remembered that there was a famous custard stand nearby if we deviated from the trail,  so we took a detour. He is even wearing the yellow leader jersey. 

I had to add this picture because when I flipped through my camera I thought, hey todays garden haul on our fire pit stones looks really pretty. I didn't even notice the placement or contrast of colors at the time. The bean on the right is really long. Not pictured are the mutant looking and discolored cucumbers I picked.

Boyd is finishing up his Focus camp today where he is doing computer coding and stuff way above my skill and knowledge level. I get to attend his showcase here shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment